Thursday, October 29, 2009

Little Miss Independence & Little Mister Bigshot

Dear Blog,
My three year old is growing into an independent, intelligent, helpful, loving, and fun little lady! I thought I would tell you what she has been up to. Ava is obsessed with Disney princesses, particularly Ariel. She recently asked if she could be Ariel and Alex could be Flounder for Halloween. She loves to help mom cook in the kitchen. She puts away her shoes and coat when we get home. She even picks up her toys after being asked five times! Ava loves to emulate her mommy: "I want a pony tail just like you mommy!", and "I look like a princess, just like you, mommy!". She is only occasionally pinching and poking her brother, and loves to sing and dance. She's a little social butterfly, and always looking for approval. She had her first dentist appointment today, and took "opening her mouth really wide" very seriously. I must admit that she is a little anal retentive. Since I posses this quality in abundance, I love to see this. Her stool must be facing the correct direction and aligned in the middle of the bathroom sink when she is brushing her teeth. Her socks must be perfectly arranged in her shoes. She must have a napkin with dinner and the opportunity to choose the songs we sing on the ride home from school. Speaking of school--she LOVES it with all her little heart! She loves every aspect of it--the chance to play with babies and do crafts all day, the chance to do just what the teacher asks, and the opportunity to beam proudly when she talks about the other kids in her class. My little baby isn't such a baby anymore. That shiny brown hair and big blue eyes have done me in.
What have I done to deserve
someone so special in my life?


Dear Blog,
My own year old is growing into an active, affectionate, fiesty, and smart little boy! I thought I would tell you what he has been up to. Alex is obsessed with books. He loves to look through the pages and point to the characters. He has a particular affinity to Elmo, and stands 2 inches from the TV whenever Elmo is on. Dearest Alex is guided by the natural rhythms of his body's eating and sleeping habits: eat much food frequently, and sleep heavily. My little bubby continues to grow and grow and grow and looks like the average 2 year old! I have never seen a child with more energy, who runs faster, or plays harder. Alley lives for FREEDOM and darts away at the fastest pace his body will carry him, often making this odd noise that's a mix between a laugh and a gasp for more air. He loves to be flipped in the air, turned upside down, and danced with. His truest passion is for relaxation time, when he is allowed to sit in his crib with this binky and rub his silky lovie and blankie all over himself. When this happens (at bedtime or perhaps to corral him for a few minutes after bathtime), Alex completely unwinds, reclines, and goes into full relaxation mode. As for school, he wants none of it---not enough room to run! My little baby isn't such a baby anymore. That blonde hair and big blue eyes have done me in.
What have I done to deserve
someone so special in my life?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So sweet! But where are the pictures?!

Sarah said...

Awww, I need to write one of these too. so sweet and I agree, we need some pictures!