Thursday, May 28, 2009

Another fabulous conversation with Ms. Ava

Getting out of the car the other day I noticed one of Alex's sippy cups buried in the hostas near the driveway. It must have fallen out of the diaper bag sometime when I got out of the car. This may have been awhile ago, because when I took the cap off and looked inside, I found a solid, curdled, and really stinky glob of funky stuff. Then this transpired:

Me: Ewwwwwwwwwww. Gross!! So gross.
Ava: Mom, are you mad?
Me: No honey, I'm not mad.
Ava: Are you sad then, mommy?
Me: Nope, I'm not sad either.
Ava: Mom, have you been naughty again?

I then laughed my butt off.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

What is it with the mystery cups?!?! We find those occassionally too. The worst was when Emma brought me one and she's like, can I drink this juice? Considering I had NO idea the last time we'd seen a Dora cup, the answer was a NO as I lunged for the cup to which she replied, Mom, it's just juice (she doesn't drink juice, only soy milk...have you ever seen/smelled curdelled soy milk...ugh). I'm shuddering just thinking about it!

Mike said...

Miss your updates. And congrats on your new job at the HS.